Website Maintenance Agreement
Notice: An Adobe Reader PDF format version of the Website Maintenance Agreement is available for download at the following URL:
Website Maintenance Agreement Rivien Media LLC
Please confirm the following information:
Company Name (Client): ______________________________________________________________________________
Contact Name (First, Last): _________________________________________________________________________
Billing Address: _____________________________________________________________________________________
Telephone:____________________________________________ Fax: _________________________________________
Email Address: ______________________________________________________________________________________
Website URL: _________________________________________________________________________________________
Web Hosting Company Name: ___________________________________________________________________________
Control Panel Web Address (if applicable): ___________________________________________________________
Username: ______________________________________ Password: ________________________________________
Please read this website maintenance agreement in its entirety. Be sure to initial each page, and sign and date where indicated. Once completely filled out, please scan and email All pages to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Authorization. The above named “Client” is engaging Rivien Media LLC, a sole proprietor, located at 1427 Red Pine Circle, Arbor Vitae WI 54568 as an independent contractor for the specific project of maintaining an existing custom website currently installed on the Client’s web space on a web hosting service’s computer. The Client hereby authorizes Rivien Media LLC to access this account, and authorizes the web hosting service to provide Rivien Media LLC with full access to the Client’s webpage directory, cgi-bin directory, and any other directories or programs required for this project.
2. Maintenance Plan Type. Rivien Media LLC offers two forms of maintenance plan types with six different sub-plan types available to choose from. Please select below one of the flexible Rivien Media LLC Hourly Pay-As-You-Go and/or Monthly Retainer plans that best fits the Clients needs. The Client agrees and understands that they are accepting the following Website Maintenance Agreement and has read the terms and does fully understand the terms to the package accepted herein.
a. Hourly Pay As You Go – Client purchases quantity in 1-hour pre-paid increments and updates quantity at the shopping cart when additional hours are desired.
i. ______ Urgent – Website maintenance for emergency (urgent) requests for $40/hour for those requiring immediate action and/or are experiencing major time constraints. The “Urgent Plan” includes Scope of Service Levels I, II, & III.
ii. ______ Regular – Website maintenance on a routine (regular) basis for $35/hour with 72 hour turnaround period. The “Regular Plan” includes Scope of Service Levels I, II, III & IV.
b. Monthly Retainer – Client purchases quantity in 1-month pre-paid increments and updates quantity at the shopping cart when additional months are desired. Additional hours are billed at the hourly retainer rate and delivered within the plan’s turnaround time.
i. ______ Bronze – The”Bronze Plan” costs $120 per month and includes 8 hours of dedicated Webmaster time with Scope of Service Level I.
ii. ______ Silver – The “Silver Plan” costs $320 per month and includes 16 hours of dedicated Webmaster time with Scope of Service Levels I & II.
iii. ______ Gold – The”Gold Plan” costs $600 per month with 24 hours of dedicated Webmaster time with Scope of Service Levels I, II & III.
iv. ______ Platinum – The”Platinum Plan” (recommended) costs $960 per month with 32 hours of dedicated Webmaster time with Scope of
Service Levels I, II & III.
3. Scope of Service. Breakdown of the services provided depending on plan type and plan sub-type selected in “Maintenance Plan Type” section above.
a. Level I – Webmaster 8 hours per month
i. Complete Monthly Backups
ii. Content Updates (Text &Pictures)
iii. Consultation and Guidance
iv. Email Management & Support
v. Finding & Fixing Problems
vi. Google Analytics Integration
vii. Google Webmaster Integration
viii. Testing & Quality Checks
ix. W3C HTML Code Validation
b. Level II – Webmaster 16 hours per month
i. Additional 8 Hours of Level I SOS
c. Level III – Internet Marketing
i. Copywriting to Improve Conversions
ii. Keyword Phrase Analysis &Research
iii. Online Reputation Management
iv. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
v. Website Analysis & UsabilityReview
d. Level IV – Custom Web Design, Development and Deployment
i. Domain Name Registration
ii. Domain Name Transfer
iii. Website Design & Graphics
iv. Website Development & Deployment
v. Web Hosting & CMS Migration
4. Assignment of Project. Rivien Media LLC reserves the right to assign subcontractors to this project to insure the right fit for the job as well as on-time completion.
5. Warranty. While complete customer satisfaction is desired, Rivien Media LLC does not warrant that the functions contained in these web pages or the Internet website will meet the Client’s requirements or that the operation of the web pages will be uninterrupted or error-free. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the web pages and website is with Client. In no event will Rivien Media LLC be liable to the Client or any third party for any damages, including any lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to operate these web pages or website, even if Rivien Media LLC has been advised of the possibility of such damages. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
6. Copyrights and Trademarks. The Client represents to Rivien Media LLC and unconditionally guarantees that any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork furnished to Rivien Media LLC for inclusion in web pages are owned by the Client, or that the Client has permission from the rightful owner to use each of these elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend Rivien Media LLC and its subcontractors from any claim or suit arising from the use of such elements furnished by the Client.
7. Laws Affecting Electronic Commerce. From time to time governments enact laws and levy taxes and tariffs affecting Internet electronic commerce. The Client agrees that the Client is solely responsible for complying with such laws, taxes, and tariffs, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend Rivien Media LLC and its subcontractors from any claim, suit, penalty, tax, or tariff arising from the Client’s exercise of Internet electronic commerce.
8. Copyright to Web pages. Copyright to the finished assembled work of webpages produced by Rivien Media LLC is owned by Rivien Media LLC. Text, graphics, and photos that are provided by the Client remain owned by said Client. Upon final payment of this agreement, the Client is assigned rights to use as a website the design and graphics contained in the finished assembled website. Rights to photos, graphics, source code, work-up files, and computer programs are specifically not transferred to the Client, and remain the property of their respective owners. Rivien Media LLC and its subcontractors retain the right to display graphics and other Web design elements as examples of their work in their respective portfolios.
9. Payment of Fees. All fees are collected in advance via PayPal payment mechanisms provided in the Rivien Media LLC shopping cart. Rivien Media LLC reserves the right to remove web pages from viewing on the Internet until payment is made. In case collection proves necessary, the Client agrees to pay all fees incurred by that process. This agreement becomes effective only when signed by Rivien Media LLC. Regardless of the place of signing of this agreement, the Client agrees that for purposes of venue, this agreement was entered into in Vilas County, Wisconsin, and any dispute will be litigated or arbitrated in Vilas County, Wisconsin. All payments will be made in US funds.
10. Sole Agreement. The agreement contained in this”Website Maintenance Agreement” constitutes the sole agreement between Rivien Media LLC and the Client regarding this website. Any additional work not specified in this agreement must be authorized by a written change order. All prices specified in this agreement will be honored for six (6)months after both parties sign this agreement. Continued services after that time will require a new agreement.
11. Cancellation. If the Client desires to cancel an hourly pay-as-you-go or month-to-month maintenance agreement, no action is necessary.
The undersigned agrees to the terms of this agreement on behalf of his or her organization or business.
On behalf of the Client (authorized signature):
_________________________________________________________________ Date: ______________________________
On behalf of Rivien Media LLC (authorized signature):
_Mark A. Ross____________________________________________________ Date: ______________________________